By Nathan Erb on July 29, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Posted in: On the Web
Looking to save money on your next trip to the gas station? With a little help from our friends at GasBuddy.com, you can now search for the cheapest gas prices in your area on geico.com.
Just enter your address and use the interactive map to see the gas stations near you and the current gas prices.
In addition to picking the cheapest gas station, here are some additional ways you can save money by increasing your fuel efficiency on a hot summer day.
- Opening the windows as soon as you get in the car will help cool it down faster. Then, the air conditioner won’t have to work as hard. Parking in the shade helps, too.
- At low speeds, it’s more fuel-efficient to open your windows. At high speeds, use the A/C because the wind resistance will create more drag.
- The heat can be unkind to your engine and fuel economy. Make sure your car is properly maintained with a clean air filter, new spark plugs and proper fluid levels.
- Keep your tires inflated at the PSI recommended for your vehicle.
- If you’re going on a road trip, don’t use a rooftop cargo box unless absolutely necessary. The wind resistance will drop your MPG’s.
- Avoid aggressive driving. Frequent and sudden acceleration and braking can lower your mileage by 33 percent, according to fueleconomy.gov.
Have a great summer and stay safe!
Gas prices are provided by GasBuddy.com.