Everything’s bigger in Texas, including opportunities at GEICO

By on December 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Posted in: Working at GEICO

HoustonEventGEICO has a long history in Texas, dating all the way back to when we were founded there in 1936. Yesterday, we proudly announced the opening of our 15th major office location. Located 30 minutes from downtown Houston, our new office in Katy is already growing and hiring. Our goal is to hire up to 400 new associates over the next year and grow to 1,000 associates within three years!

“GEICO has had a presence in the Houston area for many years,” says Tara Carthew, general manager of the new office in west Houston. “However, with GEICO’s continued growth, it made sense to expand our operations in Texas and open a larger office. We are proud to join the Katy community and we’re bringing hundreds of jobs with us!”

We’re looking for great people

In our Katy office, we have many full-time opportunities in our auto claims operations. Newly hired associates will attend industry-leading training and learn how to assist customers who have been involved in accidents or other disasters.

“We’re looking for candidates with a genuine desire to help others,” advises Jeanine DeSalvo, the newly appointed hiring manager for the claims office. “Strong communication skills, a customer-oriented attitude, and the ability to multi-task and problem-solve are important characteristics that will help someone be successful here.”

GEICO is hiring claims representatives who assist customers in non-disputed claims, and liability claims representatives who negotiate and settle claims involving liability disputes. In 2014, we will begin recruiting college graduates for a fast-track Management Development Program with a focus in claims.

Watch GEICO’s claims career path video

Apply today to join our team

Interested job seekers are encouraged to learn more and apply today at geico.jobs/houston. You’ll be asked to create an account and profile. We recommend completing the online application via a laptop or desktop for the best experience.

17 responses to “Everything’s bigger in Texas, including opportunities at GEICO

1. Ethel Pennie Johnson says:

To Human Resource:
    I am interested in a position.  My experience includes five years of Accounts Receivable/Payable, Collections and other various Accounting functions.  I have exceptional organization skills and capable of effectively prioritizing task.  I have clear written and verbal communication skills, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail and research skills.  I am dependable, loyal and known to be a team player.   I believe these skills coupled with a strong work ethic would be an excellent match in meeting the needs of your company and creating future growth opportunities.

Sincerely,

Ethel “Pennie” Johnson
    713.304.9744 mobile

2. Lois A. Blyden says:

I am a University Instructor, are there any positions that I may qualify for?  Please let me know.  I am also a Certified Mediator and Attorney at Law.

I am seeking an interesting career path for my future. My automobile is also insured by Geico.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

3. P says:

Been in the insurance industry since 1982. Would like to talk to you about opportunities in claims careers.  Send me an email and I will send additional information.

4. GEICO Careers says:

Been in the insurance industry since 1982. Would like to talk to you about opportunities in claims careers. Send me an email and I will send additional information.

Hi – We will ask that someone from our Katy team contact you. Thank you, Shannon, GEICO Corp. HR

5. Melissa says:

I am currently looking  for a career opportunity with your  organization.  I have 20+
     years of experience in claims.   please contact me to further  discuss. I look forward to hearing from you.
     thanks!

6. Shelby Martin says:

Have my testing Next week and prayerfully an Interview! Being a resident of Katy Tx this would be a dream come true! Some of my best friends today were made in a call center environment and I’m looking forward to the building new relationships like that again!

Wish me luck next week! I know I’ll do well

7. Lourdes Hernandez says:

To whom it may concern:
    My name is Lourdes Hernandez, I was in the Insurance Industry for 23 years & have experience working in Claims. I have applied on line & was sent an e mail to schedule an appointment for phone interview & for some reason it did not work on my computer, have tried several times trying to talk to someone sending e mails & only once was able to speak to someone on 12-13-13 & left my information was told someone from Human Resources would call me and unfortunately to this date nobody has returned a phone call or e mail. Can someone please give me a call, I am very interested in being a part of Geico.
    thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
    Lourdes Hernandez phone nubmer (832-331-1754)

8. Frustrated Job Seeker says:

Probably one of the most unprofessional organizations I have ever attempted to interview. After completing an online application, I was emailed for a phone interview. I selected a time and date, and NO call. It took days to get a hold of someone ( after leaving several messages), and explained my situation. I was sent another email to register for another phone interview, and again..no call. At my third attempt, still no call back. I spoke to someone and she assured me I would receive a call at another date and time. Fortunately, this did happen. the phone interview was vague, but thought it went well. I was invited to come in for a test and face to face interview on December 31st, and was advised if the interview went well, training would start on January 26th. I received a call on Tuesday (Christmas Eve),stating their training for  January was completely full and I can try for the fast track management training in March. I politely Declined–extremely disappointing!

9. RT says:

Wow!  As a Katy Texas resident, I was thrilled that Geico was joining the community….with these employment experiences, I am rethinking my enthusiasm….shame on Geico!

10. Patricia Brown says:

I want to work for Geico. I have an a Texas insurance license. My background includes working in contracts, office administration, real estate and human resources. Let’s talk, I am sure that there is the perfect job opportunity within Geico for me!

11. GEICO Careers says:

Hi Patricia – We have sent your comment to our Katy hiring team. Thank you for your interest in GEICO!

12. disapointed Katy Resident. says:

TDear Geico,

My wife who w as an accountaiet for more than 20 years had a call  and willing to get a pay cut from $25.00 to $15.00/hr. She is receiving a great Texas unemployment isurance of $600.00 /wk. She also disable and I think. She can perform the computer and phone screening work. She is also disable. She applied ths job because you are just one block from our home.  Unfortunately you turn down an unemployed, disable ans a productive worker.

Disapointed

Katy Resident

13. disapointed Katy Resident. says:

Don’t move ro katy if you do not even hire local residents.

14. GEICO Careers says:

TDear Geico, My wife who w as an accountaiet for more than 20 years had a call and willing to get a pay cut from $25.00 to $15.00/hr. She is receiving a great Texas unemployment isurance of $600.00 /wk. She also disable and I think. She can perform the computer and phone screening work. She is also disable. She applied ths job because you are just one block from our home. Unfortunately you turn down an unemployed, disable ans a productive worker. Disapointed Katy Resident
     Hello, We have sent you an email, so that we can assist further.

15. Maricel says:

Hi,
    I am an IT professional, a resident of Katy and would like to join the Geico organization. I have extensive experience in Property and Casualty insurance software development.  I know that the Katy office primarily handles Claims but is there a possibility that it will open  a Claims information technology center?  If so, I would love to be part of that team.  I can submit a resume upon request.  Thank you so much.

16. GEICO Careers says:

Hi, I am an IT professional, a resident of Katy and would like to join the Geico organization. I have extensive experience in Property and Casualty insurance software development. I know that the Katy office primarily handles Claims but is there a possibility that it will open a Claims information technology center? If so, I would love to be part of that team. I can submit a resume upon request. Thank you so much.
     Hi Maricel – Thanks for your interest in GEICO! As you mentioned, this is a claims office. Our IT pros work in our DC area HQ. If you are open to relo, please learn more at http://www.geico.jobs/IT.

17. David says:

How do you become appointed to sell Geico insurance? I work in a rapidly growing southeast Texas town as a licensed insurance professional. My agency has multiple companies that we represent. However, we do not represent Geico. I feel that my agency could bring a large volume of business to Geico, so I would like more information on how to become appointed to sell Geico products. Thank you for your response.