By Guest Blogger on November 12, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Posted in: Marketing & Communications
By guest blogger Tony Blue
“Guess what day it is?” The catchy phrase used by the camel in GEICO’s “Hump Day” commercial has taken the country by storm; it has generated more than 17 million YouTube views. The TV spot is part of GEICO’s “Happier Than…” marketing campaign, which highlights the happiness of those who save money with GEICO. It has spawned a multitude of Hump Day spin-off videos from professional sports teams, television news crews and any cute kid with a big voice and a camera phone.
GEICO is bringing its “Hump Day” phenomenon to a town near you on Wednesday, Nov. 13. The company will be hitting select locations across the country to encourage its fans to take a superimposed photo with the GEICO “Hump Day” camel. Participants will receive a free “Hump Day” T-shirt while supplies last.
“The ‘Hump Day’ commercial has been a tremendous success,” said Vince Giampietro, GEICO senior marketing manager. “We are excited about the opportunity to come out and engage our fans on a more personal level.”
Look for our teams from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at these locations:
- Dupont Circle and Gallery Place Metrorail stations, Washington, D.C.
- 34th St. and 7th Ave., New York, N.Y.
- Market City Cafe, Cherry Street, Macon, Ga.
- Circle City Monument, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Broadway between 4th and 1st Streets, San Diego, Calif.
- Bishop Square, Downtown Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sundance Square, Ft. Worth, Texas
- Downtown Kissimmee, Kissimmee, Fla.
- The Virginia Beach Town Center, Virginia Beach, Va.
- West Broadway Blvd. and South Church Ave., Tucson, Ariz.
- Willard and Wisconsin Avenues, Chevy Chase, Md.