Join GEICO recruiters face to Face(book) Nov. 4-5

By on October 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Posted in: Working at GEICO

FacebookCareerfair (2)Between college campus visits, community career fairs and other on-the-ground outreach, GEICO’s efforts to locate and recruit the best and brightest candidates are, put simply, extensive. But even so, there are many outstanding candidates we can’t reach in person.

ATTEND GEICO’S VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR ON FACEBOOK

To help all candidates, from all across the country, learn more about the exciting opportunities at GEICO, we are hosting an interactive, virtual career fair for college students and grads on Facebook. The event will be Nov. 4-5, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST.

GEICO’s college recruiters will be at their keyboards and ready to “talk” about entry-level careers, including the company’s two fast-track leadership programs. Job seekers can connect to a recruiter by “liking” GEICO Careers and then posting a question on the wall, or by sending a friend request to a recruiter to initiate a one-on-one chat. GEICO will provide a list of all open positions via a live “We’re Hiring” tab, and offer potential new hires a look inside the company through photos and videos.

JOIN #SOCIALJOBCHAT AFTER THE ONLINE FAIR

The recruiters will then take the conversation to Twitter on Tuesday, Nov. 5, from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. EST by co-hosting a Twitter chat with SUNY Stony Brook’s career center. The hour will be spent discussing best practices for using social media to find job leads and connect with employers. Students, alumni, career professionals and job seekers are encouraged to attend, and to follow and use the hashtag #SocialJobChat in their tweets.

Tags:

13 responses to “Join GEICO recruiters face to Face(book) Nov. 4-5

1. Belinda Harrison says:

Want to join for recruiters Nov 5th.

2. Amanda Booth says:

I worked for you as a temp for the sandy storm from dec through feb. I loved it! I applied online few months ago and the email response was i didnt have the qualfications. Which i did. Hoping for a second chance!!

3. Jo Gannon says:

Interested.

4. Suzette James says:

I would like to join on Nov 4th at 1 PM.

5. GEICO Careers says:

Please login to Facebook on Monday or Tuesday and “like” the GEICO Careers page. Just post a comment to the wall or connect directly with one of our recruiters. If you would like to connect with us privately, you can also send a direct message during the career fair hours.
    We are looking forward to meeting all of you!

6. Frank Fiori says:

To whom it may concerm:
    I’m very interested in applying for a position with your company.  I have worked with other Insurance companies and I could work in Claims or Customer Service.
    I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you.
    My home phone number is 860-289-1084.

Sincerely,
    Frank Fiori

7. Marquitta says:

Hi, I would love to apply.

8. sharon oswald says:

Good afternoon
    My name is Sharon Oswald and i am seeking employment at your Organization to work in underwriting, claims  or customer service department. I have eight years experince working in Jamaica West Indies at British caribbean Insurance Company, United general, and National Property. I can be reached at 3475266323.

9. Theresa Shuart says:

I am interested in participating in the chat.

10. James E. Roy Sr. says:

Looking forward to chatting with a recruiter in regards to applying, I loved working for Geico, and would love to return.

11. Marsha says:

What jobs would i qualify for with an MPA that is not tech related and doesnt require me to be a scholar. I have 3.1 GPA and your jobs want better than that.

12. Ellen Greulich says:

Looking for a job as a Paralegal or a claims adjuster in the New York area.

13. GEICO Careers says:

Looking for a job as a Paralegal or a claims adjuster in the New York area.
    Hi Ellen – If you would like to speak with someone in our Long Island office, please email your contact info to r2jobs@geico.com and someone will get back to you.