By Nathan Erb on October 24, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Posted in: Odds & Ends
Don’t feel like picking up a pre-designed costume with a cheap plastic mask at the store this Halloween? Make your alter-ego a piece of pop culture with one of these do-it-yourself ideas. Then, share your ideas in the comments.
Daft Punk – Easiest to pull off with a friend, grab a helmet and suit and go as the French electronic duo that you’ve been hearing all summer.
Breaking Bad – With the series recently coming to an end, Breaking Bad characters are sure to be popular. Try this look to transform into Heisenberg.
Grumpy Cat – If you’re a fan of Internet memes, dress up as one of 2013’s most adored cats (even if the feeling isn’t mutual).
Ron Burgundy – With Anchorman 2 just a few months away, a suit and a mustache will turn you into Will Ferrell’s character.
Once you’ve got the costume put together, keep these safety tips in mind as you head out this Halloween:
- Don’t let your kids go Trick-or-Treating without a guardian nearby, and stick to well-lit areas.
- When Trick-or-Treating with your kids, bring a flashlight with you and make sure everyone wears reflective clothing so that you’ll be easily spotted by drivers.
- Tell your kids to only eat candy that’s wrapped and unopened.
- Never let your kids enter a stranger’s home (and make sure you follow this rule as well).
- Holidays like these inevitably mean that people will drinking and driving. Don’t be one of them; take a taxi if needed.
What costume ideas do you have? Share them in the comments!