The GEICO Gecko goes behind the scenes

By on January 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM

How is a GEICO commercial made? What is it like to be the world’s most famous gecko? To answer these questions – and many more – the Gecko is taking you behind the scenes in his latest set of GEICO commercials.

Taking a break from highlighting our 97% customer satisfaction rating, the Gecko denounces the digital coffee (apparently, computer-generated beverages leave something to be desired). Would you have believed that his coffee, and even his coffee mug, aren’t real? Wonders never cease.

The latest commercial takes the Gecko into the acting adventure of a lifetime. We get to see his dramatic side as he tries to deal with a flat tire and truly convey the great anguish from which GEICO’s emergency roadside assistance could save you.

These are only two of the many opportunities we’ll have to get an inside look at the Gecko’s storied career. Be sure to follow the Gecko on Twitter for updates on his newest adventures.

6 responses to “The GEICO Gecko goes behind the scenes

1. Joe says:

this computer animated coffee is terriferal?

2. Richard says:

This ad “The GEICO Gecko goes behind the scenes” is so stupid. He speaks of the coffee cup and coffee is computer animated – which is totally incorrect. It has been computer generated – NOT ANIMATED. It does not move by itself. The Gecko is computer animated but come on!!!

3. rippl says:

Boring, stupid and a BIG waste of money!  People ask me what these commericials are about and I tell them I have no idea!

4. Troy says:

More importantly is that the Gecko said he liked the coffee during the first part of the commercial by saying “tasty”. Then when he went behind the scenes he stated this animate coffee is terrible. So he lied during the commercial. Does this also meen he lied about the 97% satisfaction rate? Didn’t think this one through did they?

5. Zeek Wolfe says:

You better start thinking about an apololgy commercial for canceling the insurance of a man who owns a company that makes parts for the gun industry…a perfectly legal endeavor.  If I discover that you canceled his insurance because of anti-gun bias,  I will cancel a policy I hold with you.  You want to be an Obama or Feinstein stooge?  Do it on someone else’s dime.

6. SAM DEMARANVILLE says:

I NOTICE THE FLAT TIRE SEEMS TO MOVE IN THE GEIKO COMMERCIAL. I AM ASSUMING THE TIRE IS A DIGITAL PLACEMENT. IT MOVES AT THE BOTTOM WHERE IT CONTACTS THE ROAD. GOOD COMMERCIAL THOUGH.GO LITTLE GEKO!