Get ready for fall with geiconow.com

By on September 7, 2012 at 4:33 PM

The kids are back at school, the leaves are changing color and autumn adventures await. Let the fall hues inspire a few updates to your home decor. At GEICO Now, we suggest six easy, affordable ways to infuse your space with the warmth of the season, including do-it-yourself door wreaths and clever uses for leftover wallpaper.

For an outdoor activity that’s simply “fall-tastic,” go apple-picking. Start with a list of our five favorite apple orchards across the country. Tell us about your favorite kind of apple in our comments section, and stock up on a bushel or two.

Fall in love with autumn at geiconow.com.

14 responses to “Get ready for fall with geiconow.com

1. Tom says:

I think Ill kick the season off with a pot of CHILI

2. Tom says:

I know all of you are just on the edge of your seat but the chili turned out to be darn good.  Next up tear out some holloween decorations.

3. Michelle says:

Glad to hear about the chili!! As you can see there are so many others who were in fact on the edge of their seats to see how it turned out. :-)

I’m gonna try the wreath idea.. way fun…

4. Tom says:

Fall is fun!!!!!!  today would be a great day to pick up a few mums for the front porch.

5. Robin says:

For October going to get stared with all the Haunted House!

6. Tom says:

First decorations are out, crazy eyeball lights that change color and some gourds

7. Michelle says:

I let my flowerbed go this past summer. Overgrown, dead, looks really bad; however, it’ll fit right in with my Halloween decorations this month!  (At least that’s my excuse ever year) :D

8. Michelle says:

Take toilet paper rolls. Cut two eye holes in them. Right before it gets dark, activate glow sticks and put inside rolls. Stuff a bit of paper in the ends to block the lights from the side. Stick them in bushes, on window ledges, out in the grass, etc.

9. Tom says:

How about you add some of that crazy spider web stuff on those dead flowers for the full effect. I think the flowers will just dry up and blow away over the winter so dont sweat it!!!

10. Tom says:

This could be the last day I see this blog and I think im going to cry. Live it up folks old man einter will be here soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Tom says:

winter winter

12. Michelle B says:

To Michelle: Like the name and the ideas ;-)
    To Tom: Don’t take it so hard, Fall will live on in your heart!! Haha

13. Michelle B says:

Oh, and I never made the wreath but did put some Fall leaf garland on my mailbox.. very pretty

14. Tom says:

Well since this babys hanging in there a little longer. Got 2 bails of straw for porch 2 pumpkins. Pulled one large tub from attic full noise making devices and pictures . Holloween plates and wine glasses and a few spiders . Thats just the beginning of that craziness.  Thanks Michelle