The Gecko in the Land of the Looney Tunes

By on June 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM

The American Southwest is the land of tumbleweeds, cacti – and falling pianos, if the Gecko’s newest television commercial is any indication. As he continues to make his way across the country on his epic journey, he has now found his way into the cartoonish landscape home to Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner.

The Looney Tunes are a perfect fit for this latest spot, bringing a sense of nostalgia to the Gecko’s always-humorous travels. Who doesn’t remember Wile E. Coyote’s complicated plots and spectacular failures during his eternal struggle to catch the Road Runner? Fun fact: creator Chuck Jones had a series of strict rules for the duo, including the fact that gravity must always be the coyote’s greatest enemy. I’d say a falling anvil meets that requirement.

Watch the spot and share your thoughts in the comments.

13 responses to “The Gecko in the Land of the Looney Tunes

1. kelly says:

Love the new LOONEY TUNES GEICO commercial

2. Sickofit says:

I will NEVER give Geico a dime. Over a decade of relentless, DAILY, HOURLY commercials. Billboards, buses, walls, TV, radio….. I’m sick of it. I was sick of it years ago. I can’t get through ONE DAY without seeing or hearing your advertising.

I’ll pay DOUBLE before I give you a nickel. You can’t beat the rates that my current insurance company gives me and you never could. Maybe if you cut your advertising budget by 10 billion dollars a year and passed those savings on to your customers you could match them.

You will NEVER get my business or my family or ANYONE else I can convince to go elsewhere.

Enough.

3. Loonneeyyy says:

hahaha cool your jets man!  :

I will NEVER give Geico a dime. Over a decade of relentless, DAILY, HOURLY commercials. Billboards, buses, walls, TV, radio….. I’m sick of it. I was sick of it years ago. I can’t get through ONE DAY without seeing or hearing your advertising.
    I’ll pay DOUBLE before I give you a nickel. You can’t beat the rates that my current insurance company gives me and you never could. Maybe if you cut your advertising budget by 10 billion dollars a year and passed those savings on to your customers you could match them.
    Enough.

4. GoGirl says:

WOW! I never knew it was possible to suck that much Haterade in one sitting! GEICO got where they are BECAUSE they advertise! If you don’t like the ads, mute the tv when they come on, or better yet, TURN THE TV OFF! It’s unhealthy to watch too much tv anyways – rots your brain.

Did you never learn that if you haven’t got something nice to say, don’t say anything at all? There’s enough negativity in the world to last several thousand years, so as Loonneeyyy said, cool it! I hope you find some way to let go of your obvious issues with anything corporate one day, and that you become happy and healthy.

May you only find great things in life and may your path always be lit! Be Blessed!

Enough.

5. JeebusMe says:

Later!

6. Take a step back says:

Hmmm…lots of negative vibes. By sick’s logic, he should never eat at McDonalds, Taco Bell or have an American Express Card or use Tide or Dawn or hundreds of other products that are on the TV and Radio every day too. If you hate advertising then I’m guessing you don’t like Progressive, Allstate, State Farm, 21st Century and USAA either. They’re on the TV every day too. Unlike them, though, GEICO is growing while they continue to shrink.

So if all things are equal in the Advertising world then the difference must be price and service. I hope your friends and family are wise enough to shop around. Just because you have a price that’s good for you doesn’t mean your choice will fit their needs.

Thank you for recognizing GEICO as a leader in the Insurance Industry and I hope in the future you come to recognize that GEICO has a lot to offer.

7. donatello says:

We live in the land of want creation. Our consumer economy is based on the unnecessary consumption of a very exhaustible supply of natural resources and the transformation of fossil energy. None of us should be buying flat screen TVs,  driving our cars anywhere, or ever getting on an airplane at this point in human history. Having said this, Roadrunner was one of my favorite cartoons as a child and I enjoyed this commercial, so much so that I actually googled it today!

I also have shopped around for insurance on more than one occasion and I have all my insurances through Geico! Thanks for the good laugh and the good service!

Incidentally, I don’t eat fast food, ever.

8. Sickofit says:

Jeeze, dude, bitter much? “I’ll pay double before I give you a nickel!” Seriously, do you realize how idiotic that statement makes you sound? If you pay double, you’d be spending more, big guy. Do yourself a favor: Go take your blood pressure meds, seek a good therapist, and go to your company’s website and spew your hate about GEICO elsewhere. Oh, wait, that’s right – your company’s site isn’t cool enough to make something fun for customers to do. GEICO’s never been anything but good to me – great service, kind people, and my adjuster who helped me with my claim was absolutely amazing. GEICO, don’t mind this guy – keep doing what you’re doing, and make sure that Gecko stays around for a while, okay? Later!

My company’s site? What the heck are you talking about? I’m Joe Blow. The guy who has to listen to and see idiotic Geico commercials all day EVERY DAY. Oh my god– the lizards english accent makes me all gooey inside. Let me give Geico some money.
    There is no company that is as offensive or as relentless in their advertising as Geico is and because of that firms like State Farm are jumping into the fray.
    The fact that I point this out doesn’t make me in need of therapy or stupid enough to support a company like Geico.
    Spending my money where and how I wish (and not how Geico wishes) doesn’t make me idiotic either. Now go kiss the ass of the lizard on your bedroom Geico poster.
    Oh yeah– I can’t wait for the next successful Geico TV show– like the caveman one– remember that?

Geico executives are laughing at rubes such as yourself.

9. Stan Cox says:

Guess the GEICO Ad writers don’t realize that lizards are more likely to be a staple of the roadrunner’s diet that the coyote.  Trivial fact.

10. wtf says:

if wile e coyote could run as fast as they show him in the commercial why would he be trying to drop things on the roadrunner? get your facts straight you retarded lizard

11. RJ Teich says:

Is this commercial supposed to take place in Sedona? Sure looks like it!

12. kathryn says:

actually, those landmarks look like Chimney Rock, Jail Rock, And Courthouse Rock in West Nebraska.

13. TDM says:

Yes, real roadrunners are very efficient predators and far from the cute cartoon version that prefers Acme bird seed.  Small lizards are indeed their favorite meal.  By contrast, a coyote would likely not bother with a gecko.  It’s a fun commercial, and the ironies make it especially so.