Pig tales

By on August 1, 2011 at 12:01 PM

By: Heather Li, associate editor, GEICO Now magazine

GEICO’s Piggy commercial was an instant favorite. Who could resist Maxwell’s infectious enthusiasm in the hilarious interpretation of the nursery rhyme “This Little Piggy Went to Market”?

Piggy – GEICO Commercial

We asked GEICO sales rep Thomas Shaw to explain how, with a little expert assistance, the pigs could have avoided any trouble. Find out what he recommended at geiconow.com.

45 responses to “Pig tales

1. sls says:

My 3 year old was recently sitting in her car seat yelling Weee Weeeeeee Weeeeeeeeeee, and said she was like the piggy on TV. lol

2. libby says:

I have an 11year that we will roll my windows down and Yell Weeeeee Weeeeee Weeeeee as we drive through our city

3. Jim says:

We won a large stuffed pig at carnival game and held him out the window and yelled “Weee We We Weeeeee” all the way home.

4. smart79 says:

I don’t know about you guys, but i fancy the commercial where the mom drops her kid off at the robot daycare!

5. Rodney Moore says:

Geico is down on the farm!  Suuweeeee!

6. Jacquie says:

Geico is down on the farm! Suuweeeee!
     SO FUNNY!!!!!

7. Crystal says:

I’d have to buy earplugs to deal with that everyday….. <facepalms>

8. Bryan says:

I have a really good marketing idea (not that you need it) but can you point me in the right direction to get it out there and hopefully someone will use it?

Thank You!

9. Selma says:

I cannot understand what Maxwell says when he is on the zipline and comes up to the man!
    Help

10. john says:

have to say a pig is not a very good sales pitch. i get so annoyed when that pig starts screaching that i have to change the channel.stick with the gecko its your trade mark. When people think of geiko do you want them to think of a pig? not anappealing icon

11. connie says:

when maxwell is zipping down the zipline, he catches up with the dude and sez, ‘pure adrenaline’…then zips off to finish the ride.  i had a difficult time understanding it, but finally got it when i came on line at geico.com and caught a short video of the skit.  FUNNY stuff, keep up the good work.

12. joe chandler says:

will never buy from you because of that sqealing pig  noone likes it that i know of  please dont make anymore

13. Kevin Clark says:

The tag line on your latest commercial with the irratating pig should be “PURE STUPIDITY” Do your writers have any intelligence at all?

14. SLD says:

Not anymore stupid than a duck blurting out “Aflac”

15. Bedbug says:

Sounds like Maxwell is saying, “Beer, Adrenaline, Birthday” to me which would also go a long ways in explaining the zip line, pinwheels, and etc as far as I’m concerned. :)

16. Karen Beckwith says:

The pig sucks! Your commercials quit making sense years ago! But I wouldn’t have another insurance company! Geico has been there every time we’ve needed them for 28 years now.

17. Rick Wagner says:

As lame as the Burger ‘King’ commercials.   Whats sad is some bone head is actually getting paid to think this crap up.

18. Ben Fuller says:

Maxwell is my favorite commercial now! Will yall market any stuffed animals of the pig ?

19. Lucia says:

Most Annoing Commerical EVER!!!!!!!!!! The Pig has to go!!

20. Becky says:

Hands down, the zip line pig commercial is the most annoying advertisement I have every seen (or rather heard!)  My remote control is glued to my hand so that I can instantly silence it.  Geico, if I was a customer, you would have lost my business over this ad.

21. cary says:

I bought a new truck and bmw just so i could insure them with geico after i saw the pig commercials

22. pig hater says:

Whoever wrote that annoying POS should be slapped. Hard!!!

23. Love Love Love says:

Geico needs to sell Maxwell stuffed animal that says “Weeee Weeee Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee” when you press his foot or arm.

24. Put the pig on a spit! says:

For the love of GOD!  Make it STOP!  I dropped Geico and switched to Liberty because of that damn pig.

25. Mark Meir says:

Terrible, irratating and immature. This is absolutley pathetic, take this off the air and get your act together.

26. Tim Brock says:

Without question, THE WORST advertising campaign Geico has ever done.  It was bad enough with the 1st pig (“wee wee-wee all the wayu home”), then the 2nd ad (Zipline) made it aggrivating to the point I have to change the channel or mute the TV.  …and now, Geico comes out with a 3rd pig ad (road luge).
      It has become so irritating, I CANCELLED my policy with Geico.
     Why, WHY must Geico find the most irritating thing they can, and run with it?
      Keep it up Geico, lets see how many more customers you’ll drive away with these terreble commercials!!

27. Jim C says:

Gotta admit first time I saw pig commercial I chuckled but now I just grab remote and MUTE. Enough already, time for pig to find his way home.

28. Stevek says:

The pig commercials are horrendous. Please make it stop. I’m minding my own business, then all of a sudden my TV starts yelling at me WEEEEE. I have to either leave the room, mute, or turn off the TV. I am begging you, please tell your pig to stop blaring horrible noises out of my TV speakers. The only reason I came to this website is to beg for mercy, didn’t even stop to see if any good reason to purchase Geico insurance. PLEASE STOP the pig squealing!

29. Suzanne says:

I LOVE Maxwell the pig WE WE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I think he is funny lighten up people

30. John Closson says:

Will NEVER buy Geico because of annoying pig.  Hope it was worth it stupid marketers

31. annoying says:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Even reading it in a post is annoying …   please stop the pig.

32. Gloworm says:

Why all the meanness – Maxwell is my favorite commercial – love the slalom – can we get him on a t-shirt??? Would love that. The girls at work all love him – his weeeeeeis my ringtone :)

33. Krog says:

Please, for the love of God stop!!! It has gotten to the point my children scramble for the remote when that stupid commercial comes on. How bad must it be that my ten year old has started yelling “Change It, Change It” the instant the commercials come on. My dog starts to whine and goes to another room if we fail to change the channel or mute the TV in time for the “Weeeeee.”  This assault on my family must stop.

34. I EAT PIGS says:

It isn’t mean. I think the people who oppose it have stated quite well why its a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE commercial. If I had Geico, I would cancel it, and I will NEVER consider them for insurance as long as that hideous screeching pig is on the airwaves. I have to change channel or hit mute as fast as I can.

35. Annoyed in Virginia says:

For the love of sanity,
     PLEASEEEEEE, get rid of this irritating, annoying pig !!!
    My whole family cannot change the channel quick enough when this terrible commercial comes on.

36. Llewxam says:

The first ad was funny,pig yelling wee all way home. The next two made no sense. Stop negating the premise!

37. jim B. says:

Fail—stupid AND annoying.

38. Juzt4kix says:

I am actually taking time out of my day to try to find a way to STOP THIS PIG!  It is the most annoying thing on TV and when it comes on I dive across my couch to grab the remote and change the channel.  I’m actually considering leaving Geico because of it.

39. Dee White says:

I love the PIG and think those that don’t must not have a sense of humor! The face of  the pig plus the  wheeeeeeeee just adds to the fun commercial.   Please do another commercial using the Pig again.  Many thanks for having a sense of humor.
    Keep up the good work.

40. Shirley says:

The Geico Piggy commercials are my favorites. That pig is so cute.

41. John says:

Keep the pig, lose the lizard! Who needs a supercilious Australian to sell Americans insurance?

42. Dave Atkinson says:

You negative people have to chill. Lighten up. These Maxwell Pig commercials are just that! Light & funny. Take time out of your soo important and serious life and laugh a little. Geico, keep up the great work. The Maxwell pig commercials are great!

43. Marilyn says:

Cara, when we were suffering thguroh our kids’ teen years, we always used to say: don’t ever fight with a teen. You just get dirty and they love it. Very similar, and equally true. So this post made me laugh today; thanks for posting!

44. JR says:

Geico sunk to a new low when they introduced the girl with the pig.  If you think “Bestiality” is humorous and funny you have a serious problem.  This is a disgusting, sick, demoralizing  commercial.  To suggest that a human would want to be intimate with a pig?? The world is sick enough and so is your ad agency.  How can anyone with any morals think a pig and a female having sex is normal behavior???  Why not use a female pig, better yet, why even bring a sex overture into an “insurance commercial??”

45. pig lover says:

I love the pig commercials.  The gecko is stupid.  Weeeeeee!