By Greg Marsh on December 23, 2010 at 7:17 AM
Posted in: Odds & Ends
Everyone has a favorite holiday movie. Mine happens to be White Christmas. I love old movies and I think this one captures everything that there is to love about Christmas. Here are some of the season’s other famed movies.
- It’s a Wonderful Life. A Christmas classic. Really, this needs no explanation.
- Miracle on 34th Street. Another Christmas classic. What’s not to love about a spunky little girl and a department store Santa Claus?
- Christmas Vacation. Not only hilarious, but I think there’s something in this movie that everyone can relate to.
- The animated classics. The holiday season just isn’t complete without: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas and A Charlie Brown Christmas.
- Home Alone: This movie is pure genius. The falling paint cans, slippery steps and an infinite number of pranks never get old.
- Love Actually: This is another personal favorite. When several stories intertwine to create one heart-warming fairytale, what’s not to love?
- A Christmas Story: All Ralphie wants for Christmas is a BB Gun. Who doesn’t? This movie is also a great reminder not to stick your tongue to a frozen flagpole – bad idea!
Which of these is your favorite? Have I missed any other classic holiday films?