By Jennifer Seeley on December 21, 2010 at 2:10 PM
Posted in: Odds & Ends
This time of year, there’s a lot of gift-giving going on. Whether for Christmas, Hanukkah or even your office gift exchange, chances are, you’ll be buying at least one or two gifts this season. So, what are the top gifts on everyone’s wish lists? Here they are …
- Apple’s iPad tablet. No big surprise here; since Apple put word out at the beginning of 2010 that they were coming out with a tablet device, millions have wanted to get their hands on one. They don’t come cheap, but they are pretty darn cool (and of course, you’d get the opportunity to download GEICO’s GloveBox app for the iPad. )
- Microsoft Kinect. Video game aficionados are going crazy for these. With no controllers and no wires, the Kinect is the epitome of video game technology right now and everyone wants one.
- eReaders (like the Kindle and Nook). Who needs paper anymore? Rather than carrying a stack of books or a few newspapers around with you, it’s much easier to store one of these lightweight devices in your purse or briefcase. And the Nook just came out with a color version!
And for the kids…
- Sing-a-Ma-Jigs. These look pretty scary to me, but the singing toys actually harmonize with each other and apparently are a huge hit with the kids. Price start at just around $10 so they’re also very affordable.
- My Pillow Pets. These snuggly (and cute!) pet pillows come in such a wide variety that you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for every child on your list. They might even make putting your kids to bed easier, but I wouldn’t count on it.
- Wow Wee Paper Jamz Guitar. These paper guitars give a great start to kids who are just beginning to show interest in playing an instrument. And starting at $20, they’re a lot more affordable than the real thing.
So what’s on your wish list this holiday season? I’ve got my eyes on a new pair of shoes … or perhaps a handbag!