Top holiday gifts of 2010

By on December 21, 2010 at 2:10 PM

This time of year, there’s a lot of gift-giving going on. Whether for Christmas, Hanukkah or even your office gift exchange, chances are, you’ll be buying at least one or two gifts this season. So, what are the top gifts on everyone’s wish lists? Here they are …

• Apple’s iPad tablet. No big surprise here; since Apple put word out at the beginning of 2010 that they were coming out with a tablet device, millions have wanted to get their hands on one. They don’t come cheap, but they are pretty darn cool (and of course, you’d get the opportunity to download GEICO’s GloveBox app for the iPad. ;) )
  • Microsoft Kinect. Video game aficionados are going crazy for these. With no controllers and no wires, the Kinect is the epitome of video game technology right now and everyone wants one.
  • eReaders (like the Kindle and Nook). Who needs paper anymore? Rather than carrying a stack of books or a few newspapers around with you, it’s much easier to store one of these lightweight devices in your purse or briefcase. And the Nook just came out with a color version!

And for the kids…

• Sing-a-Ma-Jigs. These look pretty scary to me, but the singing toys actually harmonize with each other and apparently are a huge hit with the kids. Price start at just around $10 so they’re also very affordable.
  • My Pillow Pets. These snuggly (and cute!) pet pillows come in such a wide variety that you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for every child on your list. They might even make putting your kids to bed easier, but I wouldn’t count on it.
  • Wow Wee Paper Jamz Guitar. These paper guitars give a great start to kids who are just beginning to show interest in playing an instrument. And starting at $20, they’re a lot more affordable than the real thing.

So what’s on your wish list this holiday season? I’ve got my eyes on a new pair of shoes … or perhaps a handbag!

19 responses to “Top holiday gifts of 2010

1. Paul H says:

I love this time of year. I already have the Paper Jamz guitar but I am really hoping for a Snuggie. This would be an excellent start to the New Year!

Wishing a bright and joyous holiday seaon to all!!!

2. otop says:

I like the Sing a Ma jigs, I will have to get my daughter one.

3. Dennis Z says:

I can’t wait. I have asked for the box set of twilight, a Twilight snuggie, and nite lite(i’m scared of the dark).

4. Brenda says:

I like the Sing a Ma jigs, I will have to get my daughter one.

Do you remember when the Care Bear Bears harmonized together?

5. Kelly S says:

My son has the Kinect on his Christmas list and thank goodness “Santa” went to Gamestop in October because they are viturally impossible to find now :)   Happy Holidays Everyone!

6. Philip Brumbles says:

All I want for Christmas is to attend a candle light service with my wife on Christmas eve and to watch my grandchildren open the stuff I bought them for Christmas-because my wife did the shopping, I have no clue

7. Daniel H. says:

The Kinect was definitely worth it.

8. scot says:

i saw a OBAMA chi-pet at rite aide

9. Amanda says:

The sing a mig jigs are just too cute! I had fun playing with them at the store. My son however (19 months) wasn’t as impressed. lol

10. brittany banks says:

I hate snuggies, they look like monk outfits, and the commercial doesnt advertise the fact that the back of the thing is open, either way it goes I really didnt like the things anyhow. I totally understand that Christmas isnt about what you get, its about what you give. And my friends know how much i detest those things. So on christmas morning as I opened the gift from them, i opened it just to find that it was a SNUGGIE

11. kim says:

my boyfriend got me a beautiful necklace from jared! best present yet!

12. Rodney Moore says:

My wife and I cut back on ourselves to make sure our children still got a good Christmas.

13. tbeasley says:

I was mean and got my 2 year old niece two of the Sing a ma Jigs…my sister in law now hates me…lol

14. bong says:

i was looking for a good reason to dump my pc and gift myself with the first mac.  since it’s quite expensive and my pc was only 3 years old, i thought i’d just defer this wish for the next christmas.  i fell in love with the iphone, i also fell for the ipad.  So PC – your months are numbered.  i know it’s difficult to let go but we both need to grow.  I found someone new and hotter.  the Macbook pro just had me at hello.

15. Lisa says:

Even though we didn’t have much to spend this year, I still got everything I wanted for Christmas. I got to see the shocked face of my boyfriend as he opened a gift. He wasn’t expecting this gift, a triple computer monitor stand, because it is so expensive, but I got it for amazingly cheap and still took all of my ‘secret’ savings. I also got to spend Christmas eve with my dog, who lives with my parents since I moved out. Most of all I got to spend Christmas with people who I love, and who love me too. Forget the gifts, family and friends enjoying eachothers company and sharing the fruits of the year.

16. Kelly says:

I got everything I wanted. A new journal, some sweatshirts with holes in the thumbs, some fairy dust, and the new Clay Aikin CD.

17. angela phillips says:

MY HUBBY DID GOOD THIS YEAR HE GOT ME 2 SLEEPING OUTFITS A NEW PINK ROSA AND DIAMOND RING WHICH I GET JAN THE THIRD HE GOT 2 PURSES AND SHOES A LEATHER PEACE SIGN BRACLET AND A LEATHER BELT WITH A CUTE BELT BUCKLE ON IT. HE ALSO GOT A PAIR OF JEANS FOR ME. SO IT WAS GOOD AND THAT WAS JUST FROM MY HUBBY. MY MOM ALWAYS TREATS LIKE I AM 5 AND GIVES MY ALOT EVERY YEAR LOVE HER BUT I AM TO OLD FOR ALL THAT. LOVE XMAS.

18. jessica says:

My Hubby got me footie pj’s.. the BEST present of all….

19. Charles says:

I was just happy to see my wife and kids open their gifts.  It really didn’t matter what I got.  I did get a watch though so I have no complaints but just seeing them happy was more than enough for me.