By Guest Blogger on October 26, 2010 at 9:40 AM
Posted in: Odds & Ends
Halloween is a holiday loved by almost everyone except – or maybe especially – dentists. We get the opportunity to bring our alter egos to life with crazy costumes and fun, quirky outfits. It’s a kid’s (and an adult’s) ideal opportunity to play dress-up. So what are this year’s most popular costumes? What are we going to be seeing the most of while we attend various parties and Trick-or-Treat marathons? Here are what’s expected to be this year’s most popular costumes:
- Lady Gaga. As if the female pop star isn’t enough of a character herself, this Halloween the streets will be filled with Gaga impersonators.
- The cast of Jersey Shore. Grab your hair gel, tight T-shirts, get a spray tan and start practicing your Jersey accent.
- Characters from Avatar. I have a feeling we’ll be seeing a lot of blue this Halloween.
- Characters from Twilight. Need I say more?
- Mad Men. The classic 1950’s styling’s of this show makes for an easy DIY costume.
While you’re out having fun this Halloween holiday, we do want to offer a couple of friendly reminders to help keep you and your families and friends safe.
- Don’t let your kids go Trick-or-Treating without a guardian nearby, and stick to well-lit areas.
- When Trick-or-Treating with your kids, bring a flashlight with you and make sure everyone wears reflective clothing so that you’ll be easily spotted by drivers.
- Tell your kids to only eat candy that’s wrapped and unopened.
- NEVER let your kids enter a stranger’s home (and make sure you follow this rule as well).
- Be careful driving and take a taxi if needed. Holidays like these inevitably mean that people will drinking and driving; don’t take any chances.
With that said, have a happy Halloween! What will your costume be?