By Guest Blogger on September 2, 2010 at 11:30 AM
Posted in: Marketing & Communications
Shannon S., Guest Blogger, human resources
Crisp mornings, autumn palette, boots and sweaters … these are a few of my favorite things; but what I’m most looking forward to about the fall is college! Whether it’s cheering on a favorite football team or walking around campus, there’s something about all-things-college that’s invigorating. I am not alone in this feeling either; already college football and college recruiting are being talked about inside the GEICO walls.
Here’s what Matt D., our college recruiting manager, had to say when I asked him about his team’s fall events calendar. “In addition to career fairs, we’ll spend more time with students interested in learning about insurance and educating them on how to make a smooth transition from campus to corporate.” And, in case you’re wondering, he’ll be rooting for his alma mater – the James Madison Dukes.
So, which teams will some of our associates cheer for this fall?
- Brady D., planning supervisor – Iowa Hawkeyes
- Chris B., claims manager – Mississippi State Bulldogs
- Dave H., claims director – Boise State Broncos
- Megan G., product analyst – The Ohio State Buckeyes
- Rusty P., sr. programmer – Marshall Thundering Herd
- Clif B., analyst – Florida State Seminoles
- Kelly M., planning rotation – Maryland Terrapins
As for me, I’ll be rooting for the Penn State Nittany Lions. Do you have a favorite college football team? Are you ready to make any bold Bowl predictions? We want to hear from you, simply comment below.