See the latest GEICO commercial on Facebook first

By on July 7, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Have you seen the new commercials from our “Rhetorical Questions” campaign? One of my favorites is “Sarge,” which features R. Lee Ermey as a drill sergeant/therapist. The latest round not only asks whether or not a former drill sergeant makes a terrible therapist, but also asks if Abe Lincoln was honest and if fútbol announcer Andres Cantor can make any sport exciting, among others.

Yesterday, we released the latest commercial in this series called “Piggy” just for people connected with GEICO on Facebook. We wanted to give our Facebook fans an exclusive “sneak peek” at the latest television commercial. “Piggy” will not start airing for another week or two, so if you are interested in seeing it first, make sure you visit GEICO’s Facebook page, “Like” the page and enjoy! Let us know what you think of the new commercials — which one is your favorite?

512 responses to “See the latest GEICO commercial on Facebook first

1. Lu Griffin says:

Love Maxwell!!!  Need a stuffed animal of him.  The commercials are always current and hilarious!  Looking forward to others of him.  Makes me smile and I laugh when I hear his WEWEWEWE!!!! Keep him coming!:)

2. Andrea says:

Why, why, why!!! This has to be on my top ten most horrible commercials. If I hadn’t had your insurance for years, I would never switch to Geico, because I cannot reward this horrible advertising. Every time it comes on, I switch channels or mute. I purposely record shows that I am home to see so I can forward through horrible commercials. I’d rather hear nails on a chalkboard while having vinegar and salt poured into my open wounds. I don’t think the Barney song got under my skin so bad. Now there is another one of these godforsaken monstrosities?!? I cannot think of a worse advertising campaign. Make it stop, PLEASE!!!

3. Charles says:

My wife laughed hysterically at the line dance gecko.  Called friends and neighbors to look for it. The pig is nonsense.  An embarassment to Geico.  Why would you drop an icon for stupidity?

4. Ann Tucker says:

Love the Maxwell pig commercials !!! Wheeee , my husband and 3 grown sons do too !–thanks for making them , just too cute !–love the gecko too…but just love that pig :-)

5. Chrissie says:

I like the new piggy commercials !! You may not like them, but rest assured you wont forget them even if u don’t remember what it is they are selling !! every company has a gimmick or something to grab your attention, it’s called great marketing ! Maketing major here…keep up the good work geico !

6. Tammy says:

Yeah!!!  My son and I are so happy that Maxwell the Pig is back doing his hilarious commericals.  He is the best!!!  My son and I were wondering what happened to Maxwell.  After a long, hard day at the office, a well deserved relaxing evening watching television is the best and becomes even better when there are commercials like these with Little Maxwell.  My son who is 26 years old and I, 52 years old absolutely love him!!!   Please keep them coming……….we love him!!!

7. SickofthePig says:

First commercial, cute and funny…. subsequent commercials, overplayed and annoying. Pefect example of taking a good thing and beating it to death.

8. Love Maxwell says:

The Maxwell commercials are the best!  They are clean, non-suggestive, humerous and make you smile.  A refreshing change from the green lizard.  Way to go Geiko!!

9. Denise says:

I just don’t get it! Why is the pig there; what is he doing; why? Why? What is the message of the ad supposed to be? What is the point? Is there one!

10. Amanda says:

This is by far the worst series of commercials I have ever seen (save for your caveman commercials). Every time this obnoxious pig comes on the screen, we dive for the remote, trying to change the channel before our eardrums burst. These are neither cute nor funny nor clever, and they certainly do not make me want to buy insurance. In fact, they make me want to buy insurance from anyone but Geico. Whoever came up with this concept should be fired.

11. Michelle says:

We so enjoy Maxwell commercials!! Just saw the new Maxwell on the luge, hilarious! Geico needs to come up with a stuffed Maxwell pig, our family would buy at least one! Keep them coming!!

12. Joan M Adams says:

Please , please get rid of the Piglet. The sound of his voice is really grateing and triggers feelings of anxiety. Could be others feel this way , too. I miss the little lizard , not at all scary.

13. garret says:

i love this guy so so so so so so much i want him .(not GAY)

14. Shakira says:

Well, you know what I could not uatnrsdend the direction of your post, whether you were condemning the way of paid advertising like what Gyutae Park did or whether supporting it.

15. Rachael says:

OMG!!! I love the zip-line commercial!! I wish we could order a Maxwell stuffed animal in the harness…i think i would by a couple…lmao.

16. Buffee says:

Maxwell is the BEST – hilarious!    Love the zip line commercial the most.

17. Dustin says:

I really need a Maxwell stuffed animal! Come on, Geico!! Make this happen!

18. Cindy says:

Love love love Maxwell!! Hope to see more of him in the future.

19. Marcus says:

Hey I love the pig! Is there anywhere I can buy him?weeeeeeeeere lol

20. Roxanne & Johnnie says:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

loves the pig :)

21. john says:

I hate the pig more than anything I have ever seen on TV.

22. Rob says:

This little piggy went to marketing school and the bank and WEEEEEEE WEEEEEE WEEEEEE all the way home. Brilliant!!!!!
    Oh Ya ….I want a stuffed Maxwell

23. Steve says:

Pig is great, want one.

24. Ed says:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! loves the pig

25. kevin B says:

OMG not another pig commercial!!! Cant change the channel fast enough.  Thanks for annoying me every 8 minutes.  -Kevin

26. TD says:

We absolutely HATE the pig commercial. How annoying!!

27. ab says:

The nursery rhyme has nothing to do with the word “whee”.  Idiotic, grating, not clever and completely the wrong reference.  Hideous.  Everybody associated with this should be fired.  I will never consider your product specifically because of this ad campaign.

28. Cal says:

I adore the Maxwell the Pig commercials. Every single flippin’ time it comes on, I end up giggling and it puts me in a happier mood. I think it’s great that you guys have the gecko, that karaoke guy, and others. You’re not locked into just one commercial theme.

29. Debra says:

yes.. we need a stuffed pig, that has pinwheels, and says.. Weeeeeeee!!!
    my aunt hates the commercials…… and I would like to get her one, just as a
    gag… gift…. for Christmas this coming December…….

30. Geico has horrible marketing says:

Thanks to the abundance of pig commercials, I will never purchase a Geico product.  They have to be the most annoying thing I’ve ever seen or heard in my entire life.  It takes every ounce of self control I can muster not to put a bullet in my tv when I see them.
    To all of the mouth breathers who think this abomination is funny:  Have you no self respect?  Avail yourself to some culture and you may find that your sense of humor evolves to something above that of a 5 year old.  Turn off the Fox news and read a book.  You may just find that you develop thoughts of your own.

31. Dave says:

The commercials are great. The gecko was the annoying one with his Pompous attitude and came acoss as a know it all. I’m sure the program you are watching before this commercial comes on, is biggest loser or so you think you can dance. Lighten up please, your choices to begin with are undoubtedly horrible.

32. Julie says:

Wee weee weeeee!!  Gotta love Maxwell!!  I wish Geico would do a Maxwell piggy bank, complete with the pinwheels!  Just too stinkin’ cute!

33. Alice says:

I NEED TO BUY A PLUSH TOY OF MAXWELL!!!! He’s so cute!!!  :)

34. frank says:

most annoying commercial ever..i beg u..please stop the pig commercial….

35. Mary says:

Love Maxwell!!!!

36. Orlando says:

37. Chicago says:

I’m writing today to warn you about a big marketing mistake you are making as a company. I’m not sure about the IQ split of your target demographic but as a management consultant who is taking time off of his 80 hour work weeks to write this message, I can certainly say that annoying anyone with an IQ of over 100 to win hearts of the lower IQ demographic is certainly not a justifiable strategy on your part. You are creating a lot of net distractors who can’t even stand a second of those pig commercials and get really vocal about their distaste.

38. Leah says:

I hate the sound of the pig squealing. That noise is a hundred times more irritating than:
    1. The sound of a police siren turning on behind you.
    2. A baby wailing its head off all day in the apartment next door to you while its toddler siblings scream and yell.
    3. Ten fingernails breaking on a chalk board.
    4. A car alarm going off outside your bedroom window all night long.
    5. The sound of someone vomiting in the stall next to you.
    6. Someone talking and/or coughing loudly in the cinema when you’re trying to enjoy a movie.
    So I change the channel immediately when it comes on. As long as Geiko runs the pig commercials, I will not even consider switching to Geiko.

39. Nua says:

I would just like to say that I have recently gotten a new car, and Geico was one of insurance companies recommended.
    I chose another company SOLEY BASED on how annoying these pig commercials are. These ads did the opposite of that they’re suppose to do.

40. BaconLov3r says:

Mmmmmm, bacon. That pig must be stopped … so we can enjoy some delicious bacon.

41. Mark says:

I want a stuffed animal of the piglet . . . so I can set it on fire and run it over with my vehicle repeatedly.  Never has a commercial drawn from me outright anger.  Not to mention that GEICO stuiffs MAXWELL down your gullet every 15 minutes.  I’m going to throw the ad executives out of an airplane without parachutes and see if they make the same annoying squeals for at least 30 seconds before gravity puts them out of their cumulative miseries.  MAXWELL blows. The concept blows.  Geico- most of all-officially blows

42. Brenda says:

I have searched the Internet in VAIN for several hours for ANY Maxwell the Pig merchandise, and there is NONE to be found! How frustrating! My husband, who doesn’t get excited over commercials AT ALL, loves the WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE of Maxwell the pig. I want to get him something for his desk at the office for his birthday, and it looks like Maxwell is turning out to be a major tease.

BUMMER GEICO! Step it up please! Guess I’ll have to settle for a cardboard cut-out of “FLO” from Progressive. We can take it out in the backyard an use it for target practice after we have cake and ice cream. Then we can shout “WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” each time we pull the trigger.

Thanks for forcing me to support Progressive. Yuck.

43. mark says:

Why is everyone GAY on MAXWELL?  WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

44. Gregory Sorrentino says:

I miss maxwell. He loves life
    And shows it by weeeeeeeeeing
    All the way home. We need more
    Happy dudes like maxwell in this
    World. If he’s on vacation , it’s
    Well deserved,otherwise , bring
    Him back, fast. Maxwell always
    Brings a smile to my face!!!!!

45. Carol Wilkerson says:

Maxwell is totally adorable. Makes me laugh out loud!

46. Debby Davis says:

Maxwell is the best……..I love to hear WEEEEEEEEEEE……it doesn’t matter how the commercial ends….he is a “JOY” to watch………where has he been ?????????   I hope on the drawing board for something “new” in his life……..please don’t put him on a shelf and forget him………..we, your viewing audience, LOVE HIM………EVEN Jessica Simpson named her baby girl “MAXWELL”………you can’t help but smile….our family gets quiet when he comes on TV…..

I will end with this remark……if you can’t watch these wonderful commercials….then how do you sleep at night…..they bring joy and love to what all of us are going through in today’s world………WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MAXWELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

47. cindy says:

i would love to see the piggie on a motorcycle or jet ski!!!!! come on and sell the pig as a stuffed toy!! u would make lots of $$$$$&&

48. Glenda says:

I love Maxell. Why aren’t there any more commercials with him in it? Budget woes? A little less We We Weeeeeeeeeee repitition would make him less annoying to some who don’t appreciate the pink guy. Bring him back…please.

49. Kevin says:

I LOVE MAXWELL!!!  Big animal lover!  Saw the new commercial – When Pigs Fly.  Funny!  I would love a stuffed Maxwell to have in the back seat of my car with the seatbelts on.

50. Mandala says:

I find your latest commercial suggesting that a young woman wants to spend time in a parked car with a pink male pig suggestive of some type of sexual innuendo so obviously an ad from a bunch of white junior high thinking males. GEICO do these smart ad dudes fling snot at each other while bonding over this ad campaign? As a woman who is tired of your company’s ads I will make sure that my family has nothing to do with your company for our insurance needs. I will make sure to speak with others in my social and private life about why it is important to actively avoid doing business with a company paying massive money for and for even thinking this commercial is funny and speaks well for their image.