See the latest GEICO commercial on Facebook first

By on July 7, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Have you seen the new commercials from our “Rhetorical Questions” campaign? One of my favorites is “Sarge,” which features R. Lee Ermey as a drill sergeant/therapist. The latest round not only asks whether or not a former drill sergeant makes a terrible therapist, but also asks if Abe Lincoln was honest and if fútbol announcer Andres Cantor can make any sport exciting, among others.

Yesterday, we released the latest commercial in this series called “Piggy” just for people connected with GEICO on Facebook. We wanted to give our Facebook fans an exclusive “sneak peek” at the latest television commercial. “Piggy” will not start airing for another week or two, so if you are interested in seeing it first, make sure you visit GEICO’s Facebook page, “Like” the page and enjoy! Let us know what you think of the new commercials — which one is your favorite?

512 responses to “See the latest GEICO commercial on Facebook first

1. joy says:

jan 28th.. I am completed offended by your commericial with the pig and a woman in a parked car. I agree with the person who commented before me. Are you KIDDING me? Oh,  know.. it’s the SHOCK value! Well I’m not SHOCKED! I’m DISGUSTED!! I resent the sexual innuendo between the two! How is this even acceptable on national tv?? What the hell is going on in this country?? Everyone has gone mad besides being obviously sexually repressed to begin with! There is enough sexual crap on the internet and in REAL life, do we need it on tv as well? How desperate does Geico have to be? Back to the drawing board and clean up your act!

2. Dave says:

How could someone named ‘joy’ have so little of it…

jan 28th.. I am completed offended by your commericial with the pig and a woman in a parked car. I agree with the person who commented before me. Are you KIDDING me? Oh, know.. it’s the SHOCK value! Well I’m not SHOCKED! I’m DISGUSTED!! I resent the sexual innuendo between the two! How is this even acceptable on national tv?? What the hell is going on in this country?? Everyone has gone mad besides being obviously sexually repressed to begin with! There is enough sexual crap on the internet and in REAL life, do we need it on tv as well? How desperate does Geico have to be? Back to the drawing board and clean up your act!

3. Mrs_Oz says:

I am also disgusted by the new commercial with the woman in the car with the pig and the sexual innuendo. I have been a Geico insured for over 20 years and that actually has me getting quotes from other companies.

4. Peter Sellers says:

What owns Geico? Sodom and Gomorrah Investments Inc.?  You are the pigs, that would allow the suggestion of beastiality as a format for you company.  May your own children reap the repercussions of your depravity.

5. reality says:

Oh shut your mouths.  You don’t like the commercial?   Change the channel you squares.  This is 2013 not the 60’s anymore.

6. james kellen says:

i agree the GEIGO TTV COMMERCIALS SUCK  , thats why we record all of our fav tv shows then we can go by all the dum geigo tv ads . a very beautiful women in a car with a pig thats why we chose state farm no dum tv ads at all .plus in the state of mn no one geigo office .

7. SHARON says:

I TOTALY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING JOY HAS TO SAY IT IS A FOUL COMMERCIAL GET IT OFF THE AIR YOU ARE POLUTING OUR WORLD WITH THIS COMMERCIAL GEICO

8. mike m. says:

yea,geico hit their all time low with this one. Even if I were a pig I would be offended! I mean really,no boys in her hood? Shes not rough on the eyes either. What are we supposed to gleen from this situation anyway? Yeccchhh! I smell bacon!

9. spock1029 says:

ok i thought they were hillarious.  everyone on here that has complained also needs to got to the hardees website and complain because those commercials  WOW i love them but youll probably hate them.  i have absolutely no idea why anyone is offended by the pig on a date.  to me its a very clean commercial compared to most other commercials on tv..

10. wynelle gilbert says:

The gecko was great but everything else since then is terrible! I could write better commercials than any of them.  I look at Progressive, State Farm and Allstate and they have some great writers but whoever you’re paying for these lousy ones is a waste of your money.  That pig – ohhhhhhhh! And those two guys and their guitars – ugh! None of them would make me call Geico.

11. Concerned says:

I do not agree with your Ted and Maxwell commericals. I understand you are promoting your product but beastiality is unacceptable. Pigs with pigs and people with people.

12. GEORGE VANHOOSE says:

The ad philosophy used by GEICO is certainly paying big dividends, it seems like the cleverness of the ads is what catches and holds the prospective buyer’s attention.  “Hump Day” is my favorite and the episodes with the  Gecko are always fresh and funny.  However, there seems to be a certain uproar over “Maxwell” and his following.  I am taken back to certain fairy tales/Disney Movies that have been told to and seen by children for years and years; The Beauty and the Beast, The Princess and the Frog, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Grimm’s Rapunzel to mention a few,  which have or could have sexual innuendo. The good that we get from storytelling is hopefully to foster curiosity and mental excitement to visit faraway places in our mind and to experience situations that are only possible in our minds. GEICO commercials are “age appropriate” as young children with developing minds are immediately turned off as soon as adult commercials come on the screen.  True the young mind may be curious about the “Talking Pig” but, it is a stretch to equate that these commercials celebrate bestiality any more than the old fairy tales and Disney Movies do.