Who doesn’t love a good burger?

By on July 1, 2010 at 7:24 AM

One of my favorite things about this time of year is the smell of outdoor cooking. I love grilled food, and the smell of just about anything sizzling away on the grill really says “summer” to me. What’s better than the perfect burger? Not much in my book. But during your summer travels, where can you find the best burgers (other than my back yard, that is)? This topic was covered recently in GEICO Direct Magazine, as seen below.

Burger Best Bets

No summer road trip is complete without delving into some local grub. Online gourmet magazine epicurious.com has named the 12 best burger joints in America. Here are five of its top picks.

1. DuMont Burger, Brooklyn, N.Y.: a local hangout (est. 2005) that earned its success — and loyal following — quickly.
  2. Kingdom, Miami, Fla.: a cozy sports bar with a retro look and feel.
  3. Palena Café, Washington, D.C.: a quaint 30-seat restaurant whose chef worked at the White House in the 1980s.
  4. Lunchbox Laboratory, Seattle, Wash.: a casual lunch-and-dinner spot known for its quirky combos.
  5. Zuni Café, San Francisco, Calif.: an award-winner that features an open kitchen, a wood-burning oven and a copper-top bar.

For more favorites, visit epicurious.com.

If you have any suggestions for some great burger recipes, please let me know. My grill is ready!

22 responses to “Who doesn’t love a good burger?

1. Michael Hickey says:

I love to dice pickles & onions and mix them in with the meat before forming patties. Tastes better than adding them after grilling. Not groundbreaking, but very tasty!

2. Ramon Saenz says:

Deep fried burger anyone?
    Yep that’s right. Deep fried burgers are a tasty treat. Me and some friends of mine were just tossing the idea around of deep frying a burger. We decided on perfecting the recipe and now eat them every fourth of july. Looking forward to it. :) Happy 4th of july everyone and have fun but be safe all at the same time!

3. Ben Berscak says:

I’d like to put a vote in for Cheeburger Cheeburger in Plainview, NY. They have some great burgers, which you can customize with a variety of cheeses, sauces, and other toppings. They also have a range of different size burgers.

4. ronald porter says:

Wingfeilds burgers in dallas.. a full pound burger..no joke

5. Bryan Marsh says:

Hudson’s Hamburgers in Coeur D’Alene Idaho are the best burgers I have ever tasted.  They have a unique spicy ketchup which is one of the most amzing condiments I’ve ever had.  So famous they were in USA Today.

6. Jen E says:

Grover’s in Amherst, NY….amazing burgers, amazing price!!

7. Greg M says:

You folks are making me hungry!

8. Brad A says:

I usually make my burgers with ground beef rather than premade patties.  Then mixed in with the meat, I add liquid smoke, garlic, cheese, bacon, and some seasoning salt.  Made these for 4th of July.  Give it a try it’s very easy

9. Mike B says:

In the DC area….
    Ray’s Hell Burger in Arlington
    M&S Grill in DC
    Mon Ami Gabi in Bethesda

10. Russ Baas says:

Brown Bag Burger: Yuma AZ

11. Michael W says:

Hodads in San Diego.  The BEST!

12. S Turner says:

Five Guys and a Burger turns out a really good burger for a fast food joint here in Macon, GA

13. Mike Eavey says:

I like just about any burger on the grill which is why my favorite fast food restaurant is Burger King.  Their burgers are flame broiled.
    If you want to talk about hot dogs almost every Frederick resident knows the only place to go is the White Star Grill.  There is nothing better than a White Star Hot Dog with everything on it.  Once when serving jury duty in Frederick prospective jurors were jokingly told if they lunched at the White Star they would not be allowed back in the courthouse because of the aromas clinging to their clothes would make everyone hungry and no work would get done the rest of the day.

14. Boris Mata says:

I just love meat!!!!  Give me a grill and seasonings and i’m on cloud 9

15. mike w says:

me too

16. mike w says:

i’m with Boris…love the summer

17. Jason Heine says:

I’m a veggy burger kinda guy. What can I say, I have a sensitive stomach.

18. Rob F says:

Grovers Bar & Grill in East Amherst (buffalo area) is by far the best burger i have ever had.

19. jason heine says:

Tried a burger today at Rock Bottom…great stuff but i fear my tummy may not be able to take it.   How do i overcome the love of meat for a sensative belly?

20. Brent says:

You don’t know a good burger until you have IN AND OUT!!! its heaven!

21. DARRYL THOMAS says:

I LOVE DEER BURGERS!!!! MY BROTHER IN-LAW MADE SOME FOR A COOKOUT AND THEY WERE THE BEST IVE HAD, WEL BESIDES FIVE GUYS, BUT THEY ARE VERY DIFFERENT IN TASTE AND FLAVOR

22. Lay says:

Rapture Burgers I think I’ve died and gone to Heaven after seeing that groegous plate of food at the end. I need to watch your videos earlier in the day I always seem to watch at night when it’s too late to cook/eat. But now I’m starving! It all looks great my dear friend! Happy Memorial Day Weekend to you and yours! Save me a rapture burger