By Greg Marsh on July 1, 2010 at 7:24 AM
Posted in: Odds & Ends
One of my favorite things about this time of year is the smell of outdoor cooking. I love grilled food, and the smell of just about anything sizzling away on the grill really says “summer” to me. What’s better than the perfect burger? Not much in my book. But during your summer travels, where can you find the best burgers (other than my back yard, that is)? This topic was covered recently in GEICO Direct Magazine, as seen below.
Burger Best Bets
No summer road trip is complete without delving into some local grub. Online gourmet magazine epicurious.com has named the 12 best burger joints in America. Here are five of its top picks.
- DuMont Burger, Brooklyn, N.Y.: a local hangout (est. 2005) that earned its success — and loyal following — quickly.
- Kingdom, Miami, Fla.: a cozy sports bar with a retro look and feel.
- Palena Café, Washington, D.C.: a quaint 30-seat restaurant whose chef worked at the White House in the 1980s.
- Lunchbox Laboratory, Seattle, Wash.: a casual lunch-and-dinner spot known for its quirky combos.
- Zuni Café, San Francisco, Calif.: an award-winner that features an open kitchen, a wood-burning oven and a copper-top bar.
For more favorites, visit epicurious.com.
If you have any suggestions for some great burger recipes, please let me know. My grill is ready!