Hillstrand brothers of ‘Deadliest Catch’ hooking up with GEICO

By on June 3, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Captains Andy and Johnathan Hillstrand are into the sixth season of “Deadliest Catch” aboard the Time Bandit. Throughout the year, when they’re not tackling the Bering Sea, the Hillstrand brothers keep very busy by making appearances at several different events. It was one such event that introduced the brothers to AMF Offshore Racing and the Miss GEICO team. Lucky for us, the Miss GEICO team felt we absolutely had to meet these guys. And they were right!

We have been working with Captains Andy and Johnathan on a few commercials and appearances, and we love the energy and enthusiasm they bring. They recently signed autographs in Charlotte, N.C., for a crowd of hundreds at the Speed Street Festival. The Hillstrand brothers can be seen welcoming the caveman to the boat and having a snack with him after a long day in two of the commercials they teamed up with us on. They are also no strangers to practical jokes — even with Kash! And, it’s nice to know they can take some time to relax, too!

The Hillstrands are busy promoting the current run of “Deadliest Catch,” now in its sixth season, airing Tuesdays at 9 p.m. EST on Discovery Channel. I love the show – let us know what you think!

12 responses to “Hillstrand brothers of ‘Deadliest Catch’ hooking up with GEICO

1. Dave Hutchinson says:

Deadliest Catch is my favorite show whether a new one or a re-run

2. Lisa Scott says:

I became a fast fan of that show last season. I am amazed by the stamina
    they guys have. Hats of to all the Sailers, Crew and Longhorns!!

3. Tammy Ussery says:

I love the Deadliest Catch.   I hope the guys can make it to Georgia sometime soon for an appearance!

4. Lucinda King says:

How cool is that! Love that show and all the boats- those guys rock!

5. Pauline Clark says:

I love the show.  I am always amazed at the hard work they put into the job, sometimes not knowing if it would be worth it when the season ends.   How can someone be in those kind of conditions and sometimes still smile about it?   They are Great!!!!!

6. Laurianne F. says:

That show is really cool!  It’s neat that we got an opportunity to work with them.

7. Rebecca F says:

They’re great to work with and I’m happy to hear how much everyone likes the show!

8. Diann Vinson says:

I never miss an episode.. I joke with my husband that we can move to Alaska and he can work on a fishing boat !!!  He always says no — i wonder why?

9. Randy W says:

I just recently started watching Deadliest Catch.  Its quickly becoming one of my favorite shows.  I think it’s really interesting to watch these guys put their lives on the line for something the public takes for granted.  Not only is there extreme risk, but also a hefty reward.  Watching the Greenhorns (Rookies) progression/digression throughout the season is definitely one of the best parts of the show.  The Hillstrands rock, but the Hansens rule!

10. Dee says:

Deadliest Catch is a wonderful T.V. show! These guys have to mental and physical strong to be able to do this kind of work. My best friend actually got to meet some of these guys and she worked on the crab boats I believe she measured the crab.

11. Miss GEICO Reese says:

Yes, it was such a great idea I had after meeting them at the New York National Boat Show!!! Love the Time Bandits and Miss GEICO Racing!

12. Mariusz says:

These Crab pots are used to catch crabs. They catch them to sell them to restruants or crab shops for peploe to buy and eat.These traps work by diffrent types of species of crabs,For example King crab has a hole of 36 inches for them to fit in.Snow crab has a hole of 9 inch to 3 inches.That way King crab cant fit in beacause its specifacly desighned for Snow crabs. : Im from Ms. De La Torres 5th Grade.