GEICO Glovebox(SM): Now for the iPod Touch and iPad

By on April 21, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Posted in: Marketing & Communications, On the Web

The GEICO Glovebox iPhone App has been available in the iTunes App Store since December, receiving over 300,000 downloads so far (and just as many compliments). But it was only available for the iPhone with our initial release.

Well, you asked and we answered. *drumroll* GEICO Glovebox is now available to download for the iPod Touch and iPad! So check the iTunes App Store to download the newest version of the GEICO GloveBox App for your iPod Touch or iPad. And of course, it’s free!

Have a question or suggestion? You can contact us about GEICO Glovebox here, or just respond in the comments.

Don’t have an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad? You can still access several of the features at http://m.geico.com, our dedicated mobile site. Get ringtones, read auto how-to’s, and get phone numbers to call about any of our products.

iPhone, iPod Touch, iTunes and App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc.

13 responses to “GEICO Glovebox(SM): Now for the iPod Touch and iPad

1. R. Dennard says:

Are there any plans to make this application available for BlackBerry smartphones?

2. Nathan E says:

At this time we do not have plans to develop the app on other smart phone platforms. We do plan to create a more robust mobile geico.com site that would allow anyone with any kind of smart phone to complete common transactions (pay bill, view id cards, etc…) easily.

3. Skip Scolari says:

How much does this app cost?

4. Nathan E says:

Zero dollars :)

5. chuck l says:

When will this app be available for powersports?

6. Nathan E says:

Chuck, we’re working on our mobile strategy and will take this request into consideration. Thank you.

7. Joe Tran says:

Will there  be an app for Droid as well?

8. Albert Santiago says:

9. Xiomara R says:

Will you be adding new functions to the app?  If so, what type of functions.

10. John B says:

I understand that you don’t currently plan on expanding this to other smartphones; however, you should consider that at some point. Several of our competitors have recently announced, with much fanfare, that they are launching apps for Android. In connection with that, a new poll out very recently shows that Android has just become the most widely used Smartphone OS, taking the top spot from the iPhone OS.
    Just something to think about.

11. Charles SMith says:

I think this is an conspiracy againt other cell phone providers. Tell me Geico! When exactly did the whole world all want to use AT&T service? Your project planning staff need to be fired and a new crew needs to be hired.

Other smartphone application builders are building apps that work on multiple platforms. What makes Geico think that only targeting one tiny market justifies you to be able to advertise your application on T.V. That only makes you as big of liar as Cricket, the government and bank.

Shame on you!!!!! To think I have given you my loyalty for the last 12 years, to only have you spit in my face. For choosing a cell phone provider that could give me what I want at a price I wanted.

PLEASE I BEGGED YOU TO NOT BE AS BIG OF A LIAR AS THE REST OF CORPORATE AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. TCL says:

Blackberry has been around for a long time. Mostly embraced by business people. So why was there nothing developed first for the blackberry?
    The I-phone, although popular, has a limited audience and a clientele that complains about access; slow speeds and disconnects. I want the reliability of Blackberry and the security encription it offers. That being said, GEICO opts to now do the new Android bypassing Blackberry again. I am a long time policy holder and I would like to have you accommodate blackberry’s. I would like the best access to GEICO should something arise. Hire from the outside if you can’t handle it internally. It will get done with minimal outlay. Appreciate your attention.
    Kind regards,

13. Carini says:

I installed the new IOS 5 in my inhope 4, before that my bupa2go was working perfectly, now it does everything even sent the quotation but it never reaches the mail where I send it, can you help me it was and incredible usefull app. for me to have on my phone but now is gone, I have to use my regular computer insted of have all the time with me. Thanks