It’s a hockey night! Follow the road to the Stanley Cup

By on April 17, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Posted in: Marketing & Communications, On the Web

Outside of work, hockey consumes the majority of my free time. And for the next two months, I’ll be enjoying the greatest tournament in all of sports … the NHL playoffs. If you’re as passionate as I am about the game, you’re always looking for more ways to stay connected. Here are some ways you can follow all of the action.

On the Web …

These sites will keep you up to date with the playoff action.

For the iPhone …

If you need your hockey fix on the go, here’s a great place to start.

On Twitter …

Follow the NHL and players from around the league as they share their playoff experiences. And don’t forget to follow the GEICO Caveman.

• @NHL – The official National Hockey League Twitter account
  • @greenlife52 – Mike Green of the Washington Capitals
  • @EricFehr16 – Eric Fehr of the Washington Capitals
  • @dellis39 – Dan Ellis of the Nashville Predators
  • @Jtootoo22 – Jordin Tootoo of the Nashville Predators
  • @danboyle22 – Dan Boyle of the San Jose Sharks
  • @ScottieUpshall – Scottie Upshall of the Phoenix Coyotes
  • @MCammalleri13 – Mike Cammalleri of the Montreal Canadiens
  • @Max25Talbot – Max Talbot of the Pittsburgh Penguins

Please share your online hockey resources in the comments. Go, Penguins!

15 responses to “It’s a hockey night! Follow the road to the Stanley Cup

1. Larry Dingle says:

It only takes  a small google search to see that Geico is high on hype and low on delivery.  Is Geico cheap?  You betcha.  Real cheap.  I wouldn’t insure with them.  Google:  Geico complaints.  There are at least several dozen other places to get a better rate.  Don’t be taken in by the hype.

2. Nathan E says:

Thanks for your comment, Larry. By all means, do not be taken in by the hype. Instead, call us or visit geico.com for a rate quote and give us chance. We take customer service very seriously and we’d like you to experience that.

3. Sandra says:

Google any ” business name and ‘complaints’ ” and you will find plenty to trash any one you want , whenever you want !

4. Matt says:

Go Pens :)

5. Ed says:

As a GEICO policyholder and hockey fan, I could not be happier to see GEICO promoting the greatest sport.

6. Eb Wegner says:

Hawks are in for a fight! Too bad the game isn’t played on paper. Go Hawks!

7. Nathan E says:

Ed, as a GEICO associate, policyholder and hockey fan, I’m also thrilled with our NHL sponsorship! Totally agree, Matt, the Pens are looking great so far.

8. Tami N says:

Way to go PENS…. down to the wire… LORD STANELY IS COMIN  BACK HOME!!!

9. Bill says:

I grew up in Hockeytown and now live in SoCal, man I miss watching all the games.  I do love it during playoff time though, I get to see the best of the best play.  Go Wings

10. Mel says:

Bill, nice to see another Wings fan!!  I am in the same situation in Georgia.

It’s so nice to see my company promoting my favorite sport with my favorite team as well!!

Makes me so proud be an associate, policyholder and hockey fan.

Go Wings and long live HockeyTown!!

11. Brian says:

Philly needs to end their Cup drought.  They are not the best team this year, but crazier things have happened!  There were plenty of years they WERE the best in regular season but came up short in the playoffs.  Time to quit choking.  Go Flyers!

12. Brian says:

Another year, another Philly choke.  That makes 6 straight Stanley Cup Finals losses since winning it in ’75.  As usual, there’s ALWAYS next year…

13. Greg M says:

So, the Flyers have been in the Cup finals SIX TIMES since 1975? As a Caps fan, it’s hard to work up much sympathy for that. Try having the best regular-season record in the league and not making it past the first round of the playoffs. Now THAT’S choking!

14. Newjack says:

It is suitable, hwveoer you do still have a slight risk of messing up the jesrey in same way or form. A skate may cut/rip or someone’s tape from their stick may mark it up, etc. I wouldn’t wear it, so you don’t potentially injure it and so it stays fresh for when you want to wear it out and about. Most jerseys now have them if not all do have the small holes for light weight and for ventillation.

15. Thais says:

I have worn replicas many times to play . No biigge. Jerseys of all can and do rip at times. That happens. I usually wind up with puck marks on the jerseys more than holes . They are very durable