By Nathan Erb on April 12, 2010 at 9:17 AM
Posted in: On the Web
Get out the sunscreen, pack the cooler and reserve your campsite. The music festival season is upon us.
I’ll take you across the country this summer with previews of all the best festivals across the U.S. So pack up the car, download the music playlists and hit the open road for some music in the great outdoors.
Our first stop is the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California. The festival runs for three days starting Friday, April 16. It began in 1999 and has been held annually, except for 2000. Past performers include The Beastie Boys, Radiohead, Depeche Mode, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Prince and Paul McCartney.
This year, Jay-Z, Muse, and Gorillaz headline the 3 nights. Discover more of this year’s artists below.
Here are some helpful tips for Coachella festival-goers:
- Minimize your carbon footprint by car pooling. Visit the PickUpPal rideshare page to find a ride or offer a spot in your car.
- Download the Coachella iPhone app. It has schedules, maps, and a friend finder application.
- Read and post on the Coachella message board for camping tips, lineup questions and just about anything else you can think of.
- Review the FAQs so you know what to bring (or not bring).
- Use social media to stay connected before, during, and after the event. Coachella is on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and MySpace.
In order to access the iTunes playlist you must have iTunes installed on your computer.
iTunes logo and code link reprinted and provided with permission from Apple.